GMC Electrical, Inc., in cooperation with Cathtect Engineering, is pleased to announce after many years of development the first Micro Automatic Current Controller (MACC R2) for cathodic protection systems operating on all sacrificial (galvanic) anode systems, magnesium, aluminum and zinc anodes. Providing automatic potential IR-FREE control, constant current and constant potential instant “OFF” control for internal steel water storage reservoirs, pipelines, marine structures, freshwater dams, reservoirs with metallic structures, yachts and ships. The unit is powered utilizing 83 through 305V AC Single phase or by a low voltage solar panel.
GMC LIFELINE (MACC) FEATURES:
• Automatic Potential Control
• IR-Free Cathodic Protection Reading
• Constant Current Control
• Max Current 6.0 AMPS; 0.0 to 6.0 AMPS @ 1.0 mA Resolution
• Four (4) Reference Electrode Inputs (Total 1GigΩ)
• Uses Sacrificial Magnesium, Aluminum or Zinc Anodes.
• Prolongs Anode Life
• Prevents Over-Voltage Protection
• Simple Circuit Board Replacement/Repair - User Friendly
• Compatible with NSF-61 Materials
• Remote Monitoring Included Micro Automatic Current Controller Modem
• 10 Year Long Life Battery
• 3 Year Warranty
REMOTE TANKS WITH NO POWER AVAILBLE IS NO PROBLEM!
FOR WATER STORAGE TANKS – NEW COATINGS
The type, durability and effectiveness of coating systems have improved over the years and current requirements (current density) have dropped drastically even some automatic potential-controlled rectifiers cannot control the low current requirements. The GMC LifeLine Micro Automatic Current Controller (MACC R2) now address these issues, controlling anode current to low mA range.
AWWA AND NACE STANDARDS
The AWWA and NACE standards suggest that tank-to-water potentials be maintained between -0.850 volts and -1.100 volts. The GMC LifeLine Micro Automatic Current Controller (MACC) is an IR-Free potential controller that will meet and exceed the AWWA and NACE Standard Criteria for complete cathodic protection.
ADDITIONAL CONTROLLER APPLICATIONS
The GMC LifeLine Micro Automatic Current Controller (MACC R2) can be utilized to control sacrificial (galvanic) anode systems land based, submerged fresh water or marine that are protected utilizing magnesium, aluminum or zinc anode type systems.
MICRO AUTOMATIC CURRENT CONTROLLER WITH (RMU) REMOTE MONITORING UNIT INCLUDED
The GMC LifeLine Micro Automatic Current Controller (MACC R2) unit can be optionally turned on by customer with a (RMU) Remote Monitoring Unit that monitors the following:
• Tamper Alert
• Power Input
• “ON” / “OFF” Voltage Potentials
• Anode Current
• Potential Set Point
• Battery Status
• GMC provides the private website access at a very low-cost monthly fee per unit.
MACC2 Unit Includes:
- NEMA 4X enclosure with MACC2 Controller Unit
- Solar Panel
- Integrated RMU with two antennas
- (2) CU-2-FW Reference Electrodes
- 10 Year Long Life Battery
- 3 Year Warranty